priPrinter: several issues with v5 beta - priPrinter

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

several issues with v5 beta

#1 User is offline   sjx 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 17-November 11

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

1. file>options, the "Autosave each print-out to a file" preference is not saved after deselecting

2. file>add document cannot load more than 41 files at a time

3. after using file>add document to load multiple files, the next time you use file>add document, the current directory is always one level above the last used directory. I want priprinter to remember the last used directory

4. when printing a large number of files (I tried 72 files at a time) to priprinter, it has "can't create or access files in priprinter history folder c:\xxx\queue.$$$ please check your settings". The ok button on the popup error message window doesn't work. I have to use the top right 'x' button to close the error message window. After that priprinter freezes, no any response to mouse or keyboard except the top right 'x' button.

5. it looks like you can shrink x pages to only one page. can you shrink from x pages to two pages if the content cannot be fit in one page?
0

#2 User is offline   Alex 

  • Administrator
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 238
  • Joined: 28-February 10
  • LocationHungary

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

View Postsjx, on 24 May 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

1.2.3.

Thanks, will be fixed ASAP.

View Postsjx, on 24 May 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

4. I tried 72 files at a time

How you did that? What kind of application? Size of each job ? I want to repeat.
To be honest we had tested this part with 200 files, and everything was fine. Probably we should play with options..

View Postsjx, on 24 May 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

5. it looks like you can shrink x pages to only one page. can you shrink from x pages to two pages if the content cannot be fit in one page?

Not right now, but it will be here in one of the next versions...
0

#3 User is offline   sjx 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 17-November 11

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostAlex, on 24 May 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:


How you did that? What kind of application? Size of each job ? I want to repeat.
To be honest we had tested this part with 200 files, and everything was fine. Probably we should play with options..




To repeat, set priprinter as the default printer, create 30 1kb txt files (you can copy/paste), select all 30 files, right click on the files and select print (if the print option disappears, see this http://www.sevenforu...s-selected.html). you will see the error message. actually v4 also has this problem but v4 does not freeze after the error.
0

#4 User is offline   Alex 

  • Administrator
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 238
  • Joined: 28-February 10
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hi Sjx,

Everything should be fixed, please check.
That trick with registry hack is an overkill in testing, but it did the job and I was able to repeat problem. There were few issues, I hope they are fixed.

Thank you very much,
Alex
0

#5 User is offline   sjx 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 17-November 11

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

hello,

I still cannot load more than 41 files using file>add document. Others work perfectly now.

View PostAlex, on 27 May 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Hi Sjx,

Everything should be fixed, please check.
That trick with registry hack is an overkill in testing, but it did the job and I was able to repeat problem. There were few issues, I hope they are fixed.

Thank you very much,
Alex

0

#6 User is offline   Alex 

  • Administrator
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 238
  • Joined: 28-February 10
  • LocationHungary

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postsjx, on 29 May 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

I still cannot load more than 41 files using file>add document. Others work perfectly now.

You are right. This problem is still not fixed. Solution will be in the next update.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users