• You cannot reply to this topic

Out of memory Out of memory on priPrinter file loading

#1 User is offline   CoMPi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:14 PM

Hi,

Recently I am getting a big issue on loading a priPrinter file. The size of the file is about 270MB and it consists of 217 pages of mixed contents (text and images). When I scroll the preview pane forcing to render all the pages the priPrinter constantly crashes without any warnings. I have found out that the problem is caused by low on memory (the priPrinter have allocated about 4 GB of RAM just before crash). Is it normal?
Piotr

#2 User is offline   Alex 

• Administrator
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

Do you use 32 or 64 bit version?
And anyway, please send this file to me. You can use this service to send file: www.wetransfer.com

email: alex @ ...

#3 User is offline   CoMPi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:33 PM

It is confidential so I can not send it. But I checked document properties and I found out that all pages were stored as JPEG images. Resolution of each page was 3784 by 5075 pixels so I think it might be the reason :/ (is it possible to compress preview thumbnails or so?)
Even when the file was loaded successfully (when I closed some applications to get more free RAM) pressing the Print button caused additional memory allocation what, of course, was finished with Out of Memory Error ;) Without warning of course ;)

Anyway, after enabling paging file (generally I have paging disabled) I was able to print the file :)
Piotr

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users