priPrinter: How to change output options specific for specific documents inside a project in priPrinter Std? - priPrinter

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to change output options specific for specific documents inside a project in priPrinter Std?

#1 User is offline   M__R 

• Pip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

How to change output options specific for specific documents inside a project in priPrinter Std?

That's why I want this:

Sometimes I want a larger higher-quality project to be printed outside in a copy-shop.
Best way doing it is to create a single PDF-File out of priPrinter (in combination with a PDF-printer-driver, e.g. Soda PDF, ...)
Doing this, I collect interesting pages for some time inside a priPrinter project and when having collected enough I create my PDF-File and go to the copy-shop.

Before creating it, I often find out that certain documents use a real large font, so I can print two original pages on one output-page.
Some have a small font, so it's better to print each original page to a single-page.
So, how can I define for certain documents inside my project to print 2 pages on a single output page and some not?

(Please correct me, if I do not use the correct terminology for document/project...]

Thanks a lot,
M__R

#2 User is offline   Alex 

• Administrator
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationHungary

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

This is not possible directly.
However there is an workaround.
Select two pages mode. In case if you want to print one page on whole sheet, click on it and select "Zoom to Paper". You may need to rotate it if orientation of paper and page are different.

#3 User is offline   M__R 

• Pip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

Thanks for the fast answer.

Got it.
You're right. For single pages this is no big thing.
But for a lot of documents inside a project (some e.g. 4 pages, some 2, some 1 or some with b/w output, ...) I suppose it would be great if preferences could be selectively linked to single documents.
Have you considered such a (not really small change, I know) for an upcoming version?
Would be great...

Thanks a lot for your help and for such a great tool,
M__R

#4 User is offline   Alex 

• Administrator
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationHungary

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostM__R, on 27 May 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

Have you considered such a (not really small change, I know) for an upcoming version?
Would be great...
and for such a great tool,

Yes, there are a lot similar cases, like per paper orientation, size, custom layout, etc.
From one side, we are looking for a way to add this, from another - it will make product over-complicated. So right now, it is not decided yet

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users